Thursday, January 22, 2015

How To Make Cauliflower Rice!

(If on a mobile device, scroll to bottom of page & click "web version")

Hey Gorgeous!

Oh my goodness! I am so grateful, for so many reasons!
But I'll just share 3 reasons here.

1. Sunsets. Desert Sunsets are so beautiful, I'd say, equally as beautiful as beach sunsets. Check this out..and yes, there is #nofilter 😋

Oh my goodness! Stuff like this, just makes me exceedingly happy! Haha

2. I'm so grateful you're reading this! I'm so sorry, I couldn't film before I left and my computer, doesn't like me right now! haha! I will get back to filming soon and am seriously debating filming some of my cooking from my Extended Stay.

3. I'm sooo grateful for Extended Stays! Haha! They are the same price as a regular hotel, except they have a kitchen, fridge and room cleaning amenities. It makes eating, the way that is best for my body, so much easier and much more possible!

This is my Cauliflower Rice with Broccoli chunks from one of the meals, I cooked, while in my hotel, here in Mesa, AZ.

It's very simple and quick to make and quite delicious!

Warning! Cauliflower is a part of the cruciferous family of vegetables. It's a complex carb, that takes more effort for our bodies to digest and may initially cause gassing and bloating, until your body acclimates. 

But your body, will adjust and it is in turn an excellent and delicious source of soluble fiber.

Ingrediants: 
-1 and 1/4 cup Cauliflower Florets
-1 tablespoon Olive Oil
-1 Yellow Onion chopped
-2 cloves Garlic
-1/4 cup Water

Directions: 
Place cauliflower in blender or food processor and pulse until broken up, into little rice size looking pieces. 

Take a large sauté pan, place in 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, spread along the bottom of pan, add chopped Yellow Onion, let onion summer for 3 mins, til their color is a darker yellow.
Then place in the 2 freshly minced pieces of Garlic.

Let simmer together another 30 seconds to a minute and then add the pulsed Cauliflower to the pan. Stir everything together. 
Let simmer 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup water and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Stir and Cover.

Let steam for 5-7 minutes. And Wa La! You're done and it's ready to serve!

You can turn this into a stir fry or just serve with chicken, veggies and the Zucchini-Tahini hummus, that I shared with you a few days ago and like I had for dinner the other night ☺️
It was Sooo YuM!!

Nutritional Value for the Cauliflower Rice:
(Servings 1)
Calories/ Energy: 170 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
Healthy Fat: 14 grams 
Fiber: 5 grams (daily recommended amount of fiber is 25-30 grams---while drinking, at least 2 liters of water. Daily)

Enjoy! Feel Good! Have Energy! 

When you make this too! I wanna see!
Share with me on:

Thanks for reading! 
Xoxox Shanelle









No comments:

Post a Comment