Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Easy Healthy Homemade Sloppy Joes

(If on a mobile device, scroll to bottom of page & click "web version")

Sometimes, we create things and they totally bomb. 
That was not the case with this Easy Healthy Sloppy Joe Recipe, but it is the case of the video that accompanies it! Not one of my best videos, but none the less, it will walk you through the cooking process :) 
Really! More than anything else, I super hope that you enjoy this recipe! 

I would also, like to Thank the lovely, Mellie May, for the Sloppy Joe request. 
Mellie also has a very inspiring YouTube Channel of her own!: https://www.youtube.com/user/MellieMay80

Ready For The Video! 

Ingredients: 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey meat
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar 
**I Use Honey & Coconut Sugar because they are low on the Glycemic Index, so they don't spike our blood sugar levels and more easily broken down and used as nutrients/ energy for our bodies!***
1/2 - 1 Tablespoon, McCormick brand steak seasoning or whatever Steak Seasoning you have in your cupboard 
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste

1230 Calories for the whole batch of Sloppy Joe Meat and usually will make us  6-7 sandwiches
100 Grams of Protein per batch, so about 16 grams per serving.

What Bread Do I Use?!

My Husband is very traditional with his Sloppy Joe bread and as he will make sandwiches with the Ezekiel bread, he won't eat it with his sloppy joes, so below is a picture of his sandwich and my open face sandwich. I will admit, that his is more visually appealing, but mine is equally, if not more, tasty!


I Love Ezekiel Bread! 
It's made from sprouted grains, it's flour less and low on the Glycemic index and most importantly, I don't get tummy aches from eating it! It's all Real Ingredients! (which are the best ingredients! :)

If you have any special requests, contact me on 

Hope You Enjoy This and If So, Share The Love With Your Friends!! :)

xoxoxo
Shanelle




No comments:

Post a Comment