Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fourth of July DIY Wreath


Hey Hotties! 
I'm stoked about the new DIY segments that I am doing! DIY projects are such a stress reliever, for me, especially because I am not a perfectionist, by any means..and I still get lots of compliments on the finished product! ;) And above all else, I feel really good about the final project.

TIS THE SEASON FOR STARS AND ...red and white colors! hahah
Therefore, my first DIY blog is Independence day themed..This Beautiful Fourth Of July Wreath.


Yay! I did that!! :) 

Please excuse, at the beginning of the video, the stars were falling off, but now they are all fixed and up nicely.

Materials for this project include:

6 White Felt

6 Red Felt

5 Blue Felt

1 Sparkly Sticked Sided Felt

1 foam wreath. (there were 3 sizes at Michaels..this was the medium sized wreath)

1 pack bridal and lace pins

scissors

Measuring Tape

Floral Wire

Pen


Cost: 
$10- I found a 40% michaels coupon..It was a limited time..Non the less, FIND a Coupon!)

Time : 
1 hour 30 minutes

Level of difficulty : 
1 (on a scale of one-five)


Here's The Video:

(just click the pic!)


And here are The "How To DIY Fourth of July Wreath Reading Instructions"



First thing you need is some felt. I bought mine at Michaels at .29 cents a sheet. 6 red, 6 white and 4 blue. You may not need this much, you may need more. It all depends on how close you squish them together on the wreath. You want to cut them into 2x2 squares (Don't worry about being exact). It makes it a lot easier if you stack a few sheets together and cut them all at once. Once cut you will fold the squares into triangles. 

Fold once corner to corner.

Then fold again.

You are going to pin these pieces to your wreath on the folded bottom corner. I got the wreath at Michaels craft store. Just to clarify I found everything I used at Michaels. 

The wreath.

The pinning. 
You're going to keep pining your folded squares all along the wreath. As you pin spread apart the folded squares so they look fuller. You're going to do a lot of pinning, pulling and fluffing. 


Try not to pin your pieces too close together. This will make it look really squished and you will probably run out of felt squares before you are done. I had to pull out quite a few pieces till I got it to look how I wanted. 

Space, the final frontier. 




Written Directions Compliments of http://teriturnmire.blogspot.com/2012/05/patriotic-wreath.html


If you Loved This Project and Decide to Create It Yourself. I WANN SEE IT!
Tag Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment